DOEVE BROKERS AND VALUERS YACHTS AND SHIPS EST. 1972
Craftmanship and reliability
Doeve Brokers and Valuers for barges, Dutch barges, live aboard barges, motor yachts and sailing yachts is working on the international market. We advertise our listings on a lot of international websites, in boating magazines and on Social Media as well. We exchange our listings with several Brokers in other countries.
Doeve Brokers and Valuers is a specialist in the following items:
- Sale and purchase of motor- and sailing yachts and (ex) professional vessels, lying in the Netherlands and in other countries.
- Valuations, also international (for Banks, Taxes, insurances, division of property, etc.).
- Ship's Register: We are appointed by the Dutch Ministry of Justice to register, transcribe or delete in the Dutch B-Register (inland ships). We have direct access in this Register to see for example if there is a mortgage on a vessel. On special request we can do research in other foreign Registers.
- General advice for boating and yachting.
- Advice for Purchasers who are buying elsewhere (Purchase Broker).
- Guide in case of adjustment of claims.
You can always get in contact with us if you have any questions concerning one of these or other items, by phone or by email. Information at Doeve Brokers and Valuers is always free, we gladly inform you.
Mr. Sander Doeve started the brokerage under the name "Scheepskoopers Yacht Brokers" in 1972, bought a boatyard with a sales marina in NL-Lelystad in 1977, started a second office with sales marina in NL-Hellevoetsluis in 1988, sold the yard in 1991 and the second facility in 1996. After this he started directly a new brokerage in NL-Vlaardingen under the name Sander Doeve Yacht and Ship Brokers with an office and no berth facilities. This name has been changed into Doeve Brokers and Valuers Yachts and Ships in 2009. Mr. Jitse Doeve had his entry as a partner in 2001. He was working before that on short sea feeders and cargo vessels on the river Rhine and inland waterways of Europe. In 2016, Rick Buis joined the team in NL-Vlaardingen.
The Brokers are
- Mr. Jitse Doeve is an EMCI certificated Broker and Valuer Yachts and Ships and Register Valuer VRT and is full certificated as a Captain river Rhine and inland waterways commercial vessels.
- Rick Buis is an EMCI certificated Broker and Valuer Yachts and Ships.
An EMCI certificated Broker/Valuer means craftsmanship and reliability. He or she has been completely tested about the knowledge of the matter, view on the market, researched on reliability (even in the past) and must prove every year that he or she did permanent education. Also he or she is on voluntary base a member of the EMCI complaints and disciplinary committee. EMCI is certificated by "Lloyds Register" as certification institute and stands for European Maritime Certification Institute (https://emci-register.com).
Doeve Brokers and Valuers is a HISWA QUALIFIED Yacht and Ship Broker and works with the Hiswa terms for brokerage, which have been made up together with Dutch consumer organizations. Thanks to our Hiswa membership it is for clients having complaints about a broker easy to bring that complaints on the desk of the arbitration board Water Sport in The Hague, the Netherlands. For companies, the general terms of the Dutch Ship- and Yacht Brokers Association (NBMS) are being used.
To receive, to do the management and to pay out amounts from third parties, Doeve Brokers and Valuers has a special foundation with the name "Stichting Beheer Derden Gelden Doeve Brokers". This foundation is juridical not connected with the brokerage company and hence safe for Vendors and Purchasers.